Your user profile and your Brand or Buyer profile serve two distinct purposes:
- Your Brand/Buyer profile describes what your company is and what you're interested in buying or selling.
- Your user profile's purpose is to tell your potential customers who you are as the person behind the business.
For example, you may be looking for a good Brand or Buyer to do business with, so you visit their Brand or Buyer Page to see what their company buys/sells. While visiting, you may decide to view their user profile to see who's operating the business you're considering to engage with.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
- Setup your user profile's content and details.
- Select categories which best reflect your interests.
Customize your account's content and details
Having information about yourself along (complete with an image of you) is highly recommended. Not only does it look better to have a complete profile but showing off who you are as a Brand owner or Buyer makes you more appealing to those who want to get to know the real face behind the business.
- Hover over the empty profile image and click on it. Then, add a high-resolution image of yourself (smile!).
- Under "Account Settings", scroll down to "Account Details" and make sure you have the proper information filled into these boxes. You also have the option to include a URL to your LinkedIn Profile.
Select categories which best reflect your interests
"My Categories" allows you to specify your individual interests in greater detail, which differs from your Brand/Buyer categories that are used to describe your business' interests.
For example, say you and your business partner operate a Sports and Outdoors store. Your store's categories will include everything related to sports and outdoors. However, you personally specialize in sporting goods, so you'll select the categories which reflect your field of expertise, while your partner's categories will reflect their specialization in outdoor gear.
This information is used to help users find your individual interests while searching within Hubba, and help you find other Brands or Buyers who have categories in common with you. Most importantly, it helps us make better Brand and product recommendations to you.
- From the "Account Settings" section of your user profile, scroll down to "My Categories". Once there, you'll find a variety of categories for you to choose from.
- Pick categories by clicking on their box to reveal drop-down menus. You'll then get to check off specific categories which apply to you. When you're done, click "Save" at the bottom of the screen.
And that's it! Now that you've completed your user profile, make sure your Brand or Buyer Page is completed as well. That way, any user who comes across either profile is sure to get a full understanding of who you are and what you're about.