Of course, ordering isn't all about picking and choosing your favorite products - there's also the matter of payment. Luckily, Hubba makes the process easy.
In this article, we'll teach you:
- How we process payments.
- What costs you're responsible for as a Buyer.
- The different payment terms you have the option to choose from.
- What banking information is required.
How we process payments
All payment processing and banking information is held, managed, and processed by Stripe, not Hubba (if you’ve used Shopify, Kickstarter or many other popular apps, you’re already using Stripe!).
What costs you're responsible for as a Buyer
As a Buyer, Hubba doesn't charge anything for using our marketplace. When a transaction happens on Hubba, we take a small - 10% - commission from the Brand. Buyers are only responsible for:
- The payment of the actual goods they’ve ordered (and any applicable shipping fees, taxes or duties).
- The costs associated with returning the order (if that's the Brand's policy).
The different payment terms you have the option to choose from
Upon placing an order, you have the option to request either immediate or Net-30 payment terms.
- If immediate payment terms are selected, your credit card will be charged once the Brand inputs an order’s valid shipping tracking number.
- If Net-30 payment terms are selected, your credit card will be charged 30 calendar days after the Brand inputs the order’s valid shipping tracking number.
In theory, the latter gives you time to sell the product and make a profit which you can then use to pay the Brand for the goods received. Please keep in mind the Brand has the option to reject your order if they don't agree with your choice of payment terms.
What banking information is required from you
When placing an order, you'll be led to a secure form for you to:
- Input a valid credit card number.
- Enter your card's expiration date.
- Select your payment terms.
When finished, click "Save and Continue" to move on to the order summary and complete your order.
Once an order is complete, accepted, and shipped, your credit card will be charged based on the agreed upon terms between yourself and the Brand.